Chocolate Lassi Recipe | Healthy Drink | How to prepare thick sweet
Chocolate lassi is a sweetened, chilled beverage made with thick curd or youghurt, cocoa powder and sugar.
When I first came across this recipe name on a menu card, I was like “did I read it right?”.
I couldn’t wait to try out this drink at home. Believe me guys, it really is an interesting recipe.
It’s creamy and thick texture and the chocolate flavor will surely make you fall in love with the drink.
What is chocolate lassi?
Lassi’s are a very popular Indian drink, esp. in North India. They are usually served chill in tall metal glasses. Also, they are served in mud/clay tumblers.
I have also found lassi’s to be the best and healthy drink during scorching summers.
Chocolate lassi recipe is one simple drink to make you feel refreshed and light. Being so chocolaty, it will always be kids favourite too.
I usually prepare chocolate lassi with cocoa powder. To make it extra creamy, you can prepare it with melted chocolate or chocolate syrup. Sometimes, I add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream to add more taste and richness.
I will soon try to post the recipes of other lassi variants.
Sweet lassi is a traditional yogurt-based drink popular in India.
It is yet another cooling and refreshing drink to have during the hot summer season.
The traditional punjabi lassi is sometimes flavored with ground and roasted cumin's.
Video Recipe: How to prepare chocolate lassi for summer
Benefits of Lassi1. Helps in good digestion.
2. Consume it during a meal or after a meal.
3. Feels light on the stomach.
4. Lubricates the intestine.
5. It is a natural remedy for stomach bloating.
6. Reduces body heat.
7. Best to drink during summer afternoons.
8. Eliminates bad cholesterol in the body.
9. Helps in weight loss.
10. Rich in protein.
11. Helps in stronger bones and healthy dental.
12. Helps to get rid of toxins in the body.
How to prepare Chocolate Lasi?
Take a cup of thick yogurt/curd in a bowl (Store bought or homemade).
Whisk the curd using a hand whisk or electric whisk/beater or you can also use a blender/mixer. Whisk until NO lumps. When I use a blender, I just put it on pulse mode once or twice, not more.
After breaking the lumps, add honey or powdered sugar for sweetness. Adjust the quantity according to your preference. If you have a sweet tooth, you may add some more. I prefer just a medium level of sweet. Substituting honey for sugar is a healthier option.
Now add a little crushed or powdered cardamom for some extra fragrance. Its completely optional. Combine well.
Add a little water to make it thin. Skip water to make thick and creamy lassi.
Beat until frothy and combined well.
Add any brand cocoa powder of your choice. For more thick and chocolaty taste, add melted chocolate or chocolate syrup. Adjust the chocolate according to your preference.
Whisk or blend for 2 pulse in blender until no lumps.
Make sure chocolate combines well.
Spread chocolate syrup in the glass. I have used cocoa powder and honey to make a paste and spread it i the glass.
Pour the chilled chocolate lassi in the glass.
Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. Serve chilled!!!!
Other Summer Recipes from Three Whistles Kitchen
1. Madurai Jigarthanda Recipe
2. Banana Smoothie Recipe
3. Cold Cofee Recipe
4. Eggless Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup curd/yoghurt - thick
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tsp honey or powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder - optional
- ice cubes - if required
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream - optional
- Add curd/yoghurt into a bowl.
- Whisk well until no lumps.
- Now add sugar or honey and combine well.
- Add little crushed or powdered cardamom and mix well.
- Add cocoa powder and mix well until they are combined well and no lumps.
- Pour into a glass and add ice cubes.
- Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup, if required.
- Serve chilled!!!
For more such interesting video recipes, check out my Three Whistles Kitchen YouTube Channel.
- (QUICK) Murungai Keerai Egg Poriyal | How to Make Drumstick Leaves Egg Stir-Fry at Home?
- (CRUNCHY) Murungai Keerai Vadai | Drumstick Leaves Vada at home!
- 2 (Quick) Murungai Keerai Poriyal / Drumstick Leaves Stir-Fry using Toor Dal & Ground Nut
- (Street Food Style) Egg Kothu Parotta/Paratha at Home! | Muttai Kothu Parotta Recipe
- Beans Egg Podimas/Poriyal | (Healthy & Different) Side Dish for Chapati !