Sweet Lasi | Sweet Lassi Recipe | How to prepare thick sweet lasi for summer
Sweet lasi is a curd or yogurt-based drink.
It is usually flavored with some cardamom or any other spices.
Sometimes, roasted cumin’s can be added which gives the drink a great taste.
What is sweet lasi?
Sweet lassi is a traditional yogurt-based drink popular in India.
It is yet another cooling and refreshing drink to have during the hot summer season.
The traditional lassi is sometimes flavored with ground and roasted cumin’s.
Video Recipe: How to prepare sweet lasi for summer
Lasi is often relished with a meal or as a refreshing beverage.
I usually flavor it with cardamom and some chopped nuts.
Trust me, it’s really so so thirst quenching and refreshing.
It’s creamy texture gives it an extra nourishing flavor.
Lasi can be prepared in many ways. Also you may prepare the sweet or salty version.
Also try preparing chocolate sweet lasi, mango lasi, traditional buttermilk and many other variants.
During my childhood, I never use to take curd. I always had an aversion towards it.
One day when my mom prepared lassi with just sugar in it, believe me I never knew it was curd.
I just loved the taste. From then, I never miss to drink lassi esp. after my meal.
If you are put up in a hot region where temperature is above 35 degree Celsius, I suggest you to drink lassi (thick or thin) everyday.
Benefits of Lassi
- Helps in good digestion.
- Consume it during a meal or after a meal.
- Feels light on the stomach.
- Lubricates the intestine.
- It is a natural remedy for stomach bloating.
- Reduces body heat.
- Best to drink during summer afternoons.
- Eliminates bad cholesterol in the body.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Rich in protein.
- Helps in stronger bones and healthy dental.
- Helps to get rid of toxins in the body.
How to prepare Sweet Lasi?
Take a cup of thick yogurt/curd in a bowl (Store bought or homemade).
Whisk the curd using a hand whisk or electric whisk/beater or you can also use a blender/mixer. Whisk until NO lumps. When I use a blender, I just put it on pulse mode once or twice, not more.
After breaking the lumps, add honey or powdered sugar for sweetness. Adjust the quantity according to your preference. If you have a sweet tooth, you may add some more. I prefer just a medium level of sweet. Substituting honey for sugar is a healthier option.
Now add a little crushed or powdered cardamom for some extra fragrance.
Add a little water to make it thin.
Beat until frothy and combined well.
Add some ice cubes into a glass.
Pour the sweet lasi into the glass and top it with some chopped almonds, cashews and pistachios.
Serve it chilled on a summer afternoon!
Other Summer Recipes from Three Whistles Kitchen
1. Madurai Jigarthanda Recipe
2. Banana Smoothie Recipe
3. Cold Cofee Recipe
4. Eggless Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup curd/yoghurt - thick
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tsp honey or powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- ice cubes - if required
- Add curd/yoghurt into a bowl.
- Whisk well until no lumps.
- Now add sugar or honey and combine well.
- Add little crushed or powdered cardamom and mix well.
- Pour into a glass and add ice cubes.
- Top it with some chopped nuts.
- Serve chilled!
For more such interesting video recipes, check out my Three Whistles Kitchen YouTube Channel.
- Omapodi Recipe | Plain Sev | (Quick) Diwali Snacks
- (Instant) Turmeric Milk Recipe with Pepper to Boost Your Immunity
- Thaen Mittai | Honey Candy in 5mins(Using Idly Batter)
- Tomato Salna Recipe (How to Get the Original Roadside Parotta Salna Taste)
- How to Make Pure Coconut Oil at Home for 100% Healthy Cooking (can also be used for Hair, Skin !)