Veg Fried Rice Restaurant Style | How to make veg fried rice recipe | Simplest way to prepare veg fried rice
Veg Fried Riceis a Chinese rice variety prepared in the Indian style with some extra seasonings.
It is a very popular & flavorful rice dish. It is also a very famous street food.
Veg Fried Rice Restaurant Style is prepared with lots of vegetables, sauces and some seasoning.
What is Veg Fried Rice Restaurant Style?
This is an indo-chinese cuisine and usually served as a street food.
I usually prefer cooking fried rice with long-grain rice as it comes out non-sticky and also blends well with the vegetables while sauteing.
Make sure the vegetables are thinly sliced or chopped so that we need not cook for a longer time.
Adding fried paneer, fried potatoes, fried chicken 65, gobi 65 will give this dish a new taste and look.
Video Recipe: How to prepare Veg Fried Rice Restaurant Style
How to Cook Rice Perfectly?
- I always prefer long-grain rice over any other rice variety.
- Take a good amount of water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Water starts boiling.
- Now, add few drops of oil to prevent rice from sticking to each other.
- Add a little salt.
- You may also add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, star anise for some extra flavorful rice. It’s completely optional.
- Now it’s time to add the washed & soaked rice.
- Cook the rice until 90% done.
- Do NOT
over cookor fully cook. The rice might break and it would be sticky.
- Take one rice and try to smash it between your fingers. It should cut easily.
- Turn off the flame.
- Drain the rice using a strainer.
- Drain the water completely.
- Spread it on a plate and dry it under the fan and not in the sun.
- Once it dries up completely, you can use it for preparing fried rice.
- You can also use jeera rice to prepare the same dish.
- Always make sure rice is dry and non-sticky to get the perfect fried rice.
How to cut vegetables perfectly for fried rice?
Make sure to cut the vegetables as thinly as possible. Do NOT cook the vegetables fully, they need to be crunchy.
Always use a sharp knife and be very careful. You may also use a food processor to do the same.
How to prepare Veg Fried Rice?
Firstly, take a bowl, wash and soak rice for 20 minutes in water.
In a pot/pan, add water and oil and bring it to a boil.
Now, add the soaked rice and cook until 90% done.
Rice breaks easily between fingers. It should not get smashed or become paste.
Drain the water using a strainer. I prefer using steel strainers while hot and not plastic ones.
Spread it over a plate and let it dry completely until no moisture.
Next, take a kadai/wok – add some oil and allow it to heat well. Now it’s time to add the vegetables. Saute on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
Now, add vinegar,green chili sauce, red chili sauce, soy sauce and salt.
Add the cooked rice and mix gently.
Add some pepper according to spice level.
Serve hot with some potato chips, ketchup and gobi manchurian!
Tips & Tricks
- Do NOT over-cook the rice.
- Use oil to cook rice perfectly.
- Always dry them before mixing with vegetables.
- Do NOT overcook the vegetables, as they might not be crunchy.
- Cook on high flame.
- I prefer cooking in a cast iron wok rather than a non-stick pan
To Cook Rice
- 1.5 cup Basmati rice
- 4-5 cups Water (to cook rice)
- 1 tsp Oil
To prepare veg fried rice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup capsicum
- 1/2 cup beans
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp Red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp green chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Spring onions (optional)
To Cook Rice
- Firstly, wash the rice and soak for 20 mins.
- Boil the water in a pot. Add some oil.
- Once water starts boiling, add the soaked rice.
- Cook until it's 90% done.
- Break rice between your fingers to check if it's cooked well.
- Once cooked perfectly, drain the water using a steel strainer.
- Spread it on a plate and allow it to cool and dry completely.
To prepare veg fried rice
- In a wok/kadai, heat some oil in high flame.
- Add all the chopped vegetables.
- Add salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add all the seasonings and sauces.
- Give it a good mix.
- Finally, add the cooked rice and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Combine well. Be very gentle while mixing as the rice could break.
- Once vegetables and seasonings combine well gently mix for one last time.
- Add spring onion leaves if you have. It adds a good flavour to the dish.
- Serve it with some ketchup, chips and paneer butter masala or mushroom gravy or gobi manchurian.
For more such interesting video recipes, check out my Three Whistles Kitchen YouTube Channel.
- Omapodi Recipe | Plain Sev | (Quick) Diwali Snacks
- (Instant) Turmeric Milk Recipe with Pepper to Boost Your Immunity
- Thaen Mittai | Honey Candy in 5mins(Using Idly Batter)
- Tomato Salna Recipe (How to Get the Original Roadside Parotta Salna Taste)
- How to Make Pure Coconut Oil at Home for 100% Healthy Cooking (can also be used for Hair, Skin !)