If you are looking for a quick Mutton Chukka dish from the existing Mutton Curry (mutton kulambu)…
Or running out of time to prepare the usual mutton chukka which involves a time-consuming process of adding coconut milk…
… you will find the below recipe very QUICK to prepare without compromising the taste!
Without further delay, let’s get started!
Mutton chukka varuval is one dish that is the most simplest of all other mutton dishes.
The main ingredient in this dish is the pepper powder and curry leaves.
What is Mutton Chukka Varuval?
Mutton Chukka/Sukka fry is nothing but mutton cooked with spices like onions, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, pepper, coriander leaves and coconut milk, and then dry roasted.
This dish is very popular in South India, especially Madurai.
But in this recipe, I have used cooked mutton from the mutton kolambu instead of raw mutton.
This dish can be prepared with a minimal number of ingredients, without compromising the taste.
No other non-vegetarian dishes can beat the aroma and taste of mutton chukka varuval.
New to Indian Cooking?
If you are a beginner or someone who is not sure on how to get started in Indian Cooking, please click on the below links for STEP By STEP GUIDE.
1. Essential Indian Cooking Tools – A Complete Guide for setting up basic Indian Equipment for cooking.
2. Essential Indian Spices – A Comprehensive Guide explaining the basics of Indian Spices which are Important for cooking Indian Foods.
3. How to Cook Rice Perfectly – Learn to Cook Indian Rice using 2 methods – Pot and Pressure Cooker
4. 6 Essential Indian Flours – Essential Guide to learn about most commonly used Indian Flours.
Video Recipe: How to Prepare Mutton Chukka Varuval
I usually prefer using kolambu powder for preparing many curry varieties for rice or chapathi or idly or dosa or any other main dishes. It helps me in preparing both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
- Mutton Biryani
- Chicken Biryani
- Rice and Mutton Kulambu
- Rice and Rasam
- Curd Rice
- Parotta, Chapati, Roti, Naan, etc
- Bread Toast!
How to Prepare Mutton Chukka Varuval at Home?
Heat a pan/kadai and add some oil (I prefer gingelly oil). You may use normal cooking oil as well.
Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
Now, add the mutton from mutton kolambu/gravy along with little gravy. Combine well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Stir occasionally and make sure the mutton pieces do not break or burn.
Add curry leaves. Let it roast for 2 minutes on high flame.
Sprinkle some pepper powder according to your spice level. Gently mix well.
Finally, garnish it with some freshly chopped coriander leaves. Combine well.
A Perfect combination for a Sunday afternoon non-veg meal!
- 300g (approx) - Mutton pieces from mutton gravy
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- Curry leaves (few)
- Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Heat a pan/kadai.
- Add oil and allow it to heat up. [high flame]
- Add ginger garlic paste. Saute for 1-2 mins.
- Now add the mutton pieces and combine well.
- Saute for 2 mins.
- Add curry leaves and mix well.
- Let it roast for 2-3 mins.
- Finally, add some pepper powder as per spice level.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Combine well.
- Serve hot with Biryani or as a starter.
Non Veg Recipes:
For more such interesting video recipes, check out my Three Whistles Kitchen YouTube Channel.
- Tomato Salna Recipe (How to Get the Original Roadside Parotta Salna Taste)
- How to Make Pure Coconut Oil at Home for 100% Healthy Cooking (can also be used for Hair, Skin !)
- (QUICK) Murungai Keerai Egg Poriyal | How to Make Drumstick Leaves Egg Stir-Fry at Home?
- (CRUNCHY) Murungai Keerai Vadai | Drumstick Leaves Vada at home!
- 2 (Quick) Murungai Keerai Poriyal / Drumstick Leaves Stir-Fry using Toor Dal & Ground Nut