(Note: Capsicum Egg Podimas Recipe is a variation of the original Egg Podimas Recipe)
For those of you who are bored with the usual egg podimas, this capsicum variation will be very fresh and new!
What is Capsicum Egg Podimas?
Capsicum egg podimas (or kudamilagai muttai poriyal) is simply capsicum stir fry cooked along with some scrambled eggs.
Capsicum Egg Podimas recipe is yet another variation of the usual Egg Podimas or Muttai Poriyal. If you are familiar with capsicum poriyal or stir fry, then this recipe is just an easy-breezy one for you.
Finely chopped onions give this recipe a crunchy taste.
For this recipe, you can cut the capsicum either finely into small cubes or slice them lengthwise.
You may add some curry leaves if required.
Video Recipe: Muttai Podimas / Muttai Poriyal Varieties
There are other variations of the Egg Podimas like:
Click on the 7 Quick Egg Podimas Recipes to learn about the different varieties of Egg Podimas.
Meal Combinations for Podimas
- Rice & Rasam
- Rice & Sambar
- Lemon Rice
- Coconut Rice
New to Indian Cooking?
If you are a beginner or someone who is not sure on how to get started in Indian Cooking, please click on the below links for STEP By STEP GUIDE.
1. Essential Indian Cooking Tools – A Complete Guide for setting up basic Indian Equipment for cooking.
2. Essential Indian Spices – A Comprehensive Guide explaining the basics of Indian Spices which are Important for cooking Indian Foods.
3. How to Cook Rice Perfectly – Learn to Cook Indian Rice using 2 methods – Pot and Pressure Cooker
4. 6 Essential Indian Flours – Essential Guide to learn about the most commonly used Indian Flours.
How to Make Capsicum Egg Podimas – Step by Step Procedure
Step 1: Cutting Vegetables
- Chop the capsicum, onions and green chillies finely.
- You may also chop the capsicum lengthwise if required.
- Green chillies are completely optional since you will be adding red chilly powder for the spice. Also, you may sometimes not be able to differentiate between the green chillies and capsicum and might end up eating the green chillies.
- It’s advisable to avoid green chillies if you are planning to give it to your kids.
Step 2: Sauteing
- In a kadai – add oil (preferably sunflower oil or groundnut oil).
- Once the oil heats up – add mustard, urad dal and cumin seeds.
- Allow it to crackle.
- Add the finely chopped onions and saute 1 minute.
- Add the chopped green chillies and salt as required.
- Saute well until onions turn slightly golden.
Step 3: Vegetables
- Add the chopped capsicum and saute in medium flame for 2 minutes.
Step 4: Powdered Spices
- Add the red chilly powder and combine well.
- Saute & cook until the capsicum is cooked soft.
- A small piece of capsicum, when tried to cut using a spoon, should cut easily without much pressure.
Step 5: Adding the Eggs
- Push the capsicum to the sides and make a hole in between.
- Break open an egg and stir from the middle.
- Slowly and gradually mix it with the capsicum and stir well.
- Cook until the capsicum and eggs are combined well and cooked.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Card: How to Make Capsicum Egg Podimas/Kudamilagai Muttai Poriyal
- 1 Capsicum - finely chopped
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 Onion (small size) - finely chopped
- 1 green chilly - finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1 Egg
- Chop onions, capsicum and green chilly and keep aside.
- In a kadai - add oil, mustard, urad dal and allow it to turn slightly brown.
- Add the chopped onions, green chillies and saute well.
- Add salt and saute until onions turn golden brown.
- Now, add the capsicum and saute for 2 mins.
- Then, add the chilly powder and combine well.
- Allow the capsicum to cook well until it easily cuts.
- Make a hole in between, add the egg and stir from the middle.
- Gradually, combine with the capsicum and cook well until it is completely cooked.
- Masala Egg Recipe
- Puliyogare Recipe
- Vendakkai Kara Kulambu
- Poondu Kulambu / Garlic Curry
- Mutton Kulambu / Mutton Curry
- Omapodi Recipe | Plain Sev | (Quick) Diwali Snacks
- (Instant) Turmeric Milk Recipe with Pepper to Boost Your Immunity
- Thaen Mittai | Honey Candy in 5mins(Using Idly Batter)
- Tomato Salna Recipe (How to Get the Original Roadside Parotta Salna Taste)
- How to Make Pure Coconut Oil at Home for 100% Healthy Cooking (can also be used for Hair, Skin !)