Fruit Custard Popsicle | Custard Ice Cream Recipe | Custard Ice Candy Recipe | How to Prepare Popsicle with Fruit Custard
Fruit custard popsicle is a milk-based ice candy. It is prepared using milk, custard powder, sugar and some fruits.
I usually prefer adding few chopped fruits so you get it in every bite.
This is one best and simple recipe to have during summers.
Trust me, it not only is easy to prepare but also tastes awesome and loved by kids.
What are Popsicles or Ice Candy?
Popsicle’s are water or milk-based ice cream sticks. They are usually prepared with fruit juice or crushed ice with food
What are Fruit Custard Popsicles?
Fruit custard popsicles are basically prepared using milk, sugar, custard powder and some finely chopped fruits.
I usually don’t prepare custard popsicles or custard ice creams. But, I have always had this idea of preparing custard popsicle. Fruit Custard is always prepared using chilled custard and cut fruits. To give this a twist from the usual method of preparation, I thought of making popsicles with custard and some fruits.
Initially, I had no idea of how this dish would taste when its frozen in ice cream moulds. But believe me guys, its so tempting and mouth-watering. So its icy & creamy texture can never be explained in words. Not to forget the chopped fruits, it adds a great crunchy taste in every single bite.
It is loaded with fresh fruit and milk. It is such an easy recipe that can be prepared in just 15 minutes with a freeze time of 2-3 hours or overnight.
Video Recipe: How to prepare Fruit Custard Popsicle
As it is summer now, I feel like eating these popsicles almost every day. These ice candies are just my favourite this summer. With some watermelon popsicles, chocolate lassi and sweet lassi my summers are pretty cool.
Ice cream and kulfi moulds are available in different attractive shapes and sizes. I have shared a few of them below. Do check the products.
To purchase ice cream or kulfi moulds online, check the below links (Amazon Affiliate links):
Let me share a little on how I got the idea to prepare these custard popsicles:
These custard popsicles are not so common everywhere. But they have always kept me tempting to try it out. As I was bored with the same old fruit custard bowls. At last, I found a way to give it a small twist and that’s when these custard popsicles came to my mind.
And finally, last week I happened to give it a try for the first time ever. It tasted exactly the same like fruit custard bowl, except that this was frozen.
The custard added in this makes the popsicles more creamy and milky.
It feels so soothing to have during summers to refresh yourself from the scorching sun.
How to prepare Fruit Custard Popsicle?
Pour milk into a pot/pan. Heat it on low flame. Stir it continuously to avoid burning.
Add sugar and stir until it dissolves completely.
Do not bring the milk to boil. Once milk is warm, mix custard powder into a small bowl of milk. Mix well until no lumps. It is important to be lump-free.
Add the custard mixture to the warm milk and keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
Starts to thicken. Continue stirring.
Once it thickens, turn off the flame and cool it completely.
Now add finely chopped fruits as per your wish into the
Now its time to pour in the cooled custard into the moulds.
Add some more fruits on top if required.
Cover and freeze it for 3-4 hours or overnight or until frozen completely.
After 4 hours, demould it from the icecream moulds. For demoulding easily, dip or run the mould in warm water for 5-8 seconds.
Enjoy it with your family!!!
- Add milk into a pan/pot. Heat in low flame.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Bring milk to warm state. Do not boil.
- Add custard powder to 100ml milk and mix until no lumps.
- Pour the custard mixture into the warm milk and stir continuously.
- Starts boiling and slightly thickens.
- Once it thickens, turn off the flame.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Into a ice cream or kulfi mould, add few chopped apple, banana, and pomegranate.
- You may add any fruits of your choice.
- Pour in the cooled custard mixture.
- Cover and freeze until frozen.
- Demould and enjoy the popsicles!!
Tips & Tricks:
- Make sure the custard mix is lump free, if not it might curdle the milk.
- Tastes great with chunks of fruits.
- Whipped cream can be used for some extra creamy texture.
- Dip the mould into a bowl of warm water for 5-8 seconds to demould easily.
Other Summer Recipes from Three Whistles Kitchen
1. Madurai Jigarthanda Recipe
2. Banana Smoothie Recipe
3. Cold Cofee Recipe
4. Eggless Vanilla Ice Cream
For more such interesting video recipes, check out my Three Whistles Kitchen YouTube Channel.
- (QUICK) Murungai Keerai Egg Poriyal | How to Make Drumstick Leaves Egg Stir-Fry at Home?
- (CRUNCHY) Murungai Keerai Vadai | Drumstick Leaves Vada at home!
- 2 (Quick) Murungai Keerai Poriyal / Drumstick Leaves Stir-Fry using Toor Dal & Ground Nut
- (Street Food Style) Egg Kothu Parotta/Paratha at Home! | Muttai Kothu Parotta Recipe
- Beans Egg Podimas/Poriyal | (Healthy & Different) Side Dish for Chapati !