Watermelon Popsicle | Fruit Juice Ice Candy Recipe | Summer Special | Healthy Ice Pops with Fruit Juice
Watermelon popsicle is made with fresh watermelon juice and some sugar or honey (optional) to enhance it’s taste.
Today, I will show you how to prepare this simple candy recipe – Step By Step.
It is a super easy dessert to beat the heat this summer.
It is also healthy and refreshing to have it during summers.
New to Indian Cooking?
If you are a beginner or someone who is not sure on how to get started in Indian Cooking, please click on the below links for STEP By STEP GUIDE.
1. Essential Indian Cooking Tools – A Complete Guide for setting up basic Indian Equipment for cooking.
2. Essential Indian Spices – A Comprehensive Guide explaining the basics of Indian Spices which are Important for cooking Indian Foods.
What are Popsicles or Ice Candy?
Popsicle’s are water or milk-based ice cream sticks. They are usually prepared with fruit juice or crushed ice with food
What is watermelon popsicle?
Watermelon popsicle is so refreshing, good for your health and can be prepared without any sugar or sweetener.
It is loaded with fresh fruit and only fruit. It is such an easy recipe that can be prepared in just 5 minutes with a freeze time of 2-3 hours or overnight.
These fresh fruit ice candy are loved by kids and adults.
It is 100% fruit and naturally help you keep your body hydrated.
Video Recipe: How to prepare Watermelon Popsicle with Fruit Juice
As it is summer now, I feel like eating these popsicles almost every day. These ice candy poles are just my favourite this summer. With some chocolate lassi and sweet lassi, my summers are pretty cool.
Summers are always about smoothies, ice creams, kulfis, milkshakes, ever healthy fresh fruit juices, etc.
Let me share a little on how I got the idea to prepare these watermelon popsicles:
Last week, when I had been out for shopping, I happen to see watermelons everywhere almost every corner of the street. Piled up in huge heaps. Believe me guys, it is not so easy to resist yourself from eating watermelons. So I purchased one.
When I returned home, I had a thought “why not try something different with this huge watermelons?”.
Then I got this idea of preparing watermelon juice and freeze it in ice cream moulds.
Trust me, now I prepare it almost every week.
How to prepare watermelon ice candy/ice poles?
Add watermelon chunks into the blender. Discard the rind (the white and green part in watermelon).
Now, add some sugar or honey for some extra sweetness.
Blend it until smooth. Use a strainer to drain the juice and separate it from the seeds. I usually use de-seeded watermelon, hence there is no need to strain the juice. Instead, you can use it with the pulp itself.
Extract the juice completely and discard the seeds and fiber part. I sometimes add a little pulp too.
Pour the juice into ice or kulfi moulds.
Cover it and freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight depending on the temperature of your refrigerator.
After freezing, de-mould it and enjoy the ice candy immediately.
Enjoy it on a summer afternoon. I’m sure you’ll love it.
- 2 cups Watermelon - cut into pieces
- 2 tsp sugar or honey - optional
- Ice cream or kulfi mould
- Add the watermelon pieces to a blender or mixer.
- Add sugar or honey (if required).
- Blend smooth.
- Strain the juice using a strainer.
- Pour the filtered juice into ice cream or kulfi mould.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Demould it and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
- Add watermelon pulp to get a pulpy taste or bite.
- Tastes great without sugar or honey.
- A little lime and mint can be added for fragrance.
- Dip the mould into a bowl of warm water for 3-5 seconds to demould easily
Other Summer Recipes from Three Whistles Kitchen
1. Madurai Jigarthanda Recipe
2. Banana Smoothie Recipe
3. Cold Cofee Recipe
4. Eggless Vanilla Ice Cream
For more such interesting video recipes, check out my Three Whistles Kitchen YouTube Channel.
- (QUICK) Murungai Keerai Egg Poriyal | How to Make Drumstick Leaves Egg Stir-Fry at Home?
- (CRUNCHY) Murungai Keerai Vadai | Drumstick Leaves Vada at home!
- 2 (Quick) Murungai Keerai Poriyal / Drumstick Leaves Stir-Fry using Toor Dal & Ground Nut
- (Street Food Style) Egg Kothu Parotta/Paratha at Home! | Muttai Kothu Parotta Recipe
- Beans Egg Podimas/Poriyal | (Healthy & Different) Side Dish for Chapati !